The Northern Kyushu Area Pass is cost effective way of sightseeing, providing access to Fukuoka, Nagasaki, Kumamoto, Yufuin, Beppu, Sasebo and much more.
Child passes (6-11) are available for half price
Explore the JR Map
- Kyushu Shinkansen between Hakata and Kumamoto
- Limited express and local trains within the validity area.
- Up to 10 free seat reservations with the 3 day pass and 16 free seat reservations with the 5 day pass.
Limitations and things to keep in mind
- The pass is valid up to Kumamoto, you’ll need additional tickets if you plan to travel further south.
- The Sanyo Shinkansen between Hakata and Kokura is not included. You can use a limited express train instead.
The JR Northern Kyushu Area Pass can only be used by visitors entering Japan using a “Temporary Visitor Visa"!
Exchange station locations
Location mapHIDE MAP
Ticket counter #2 and #3
7:00 - 23:00Weekly
4:50 - 23:50Weekly
5:30 - 23:00Weekly
5:30 - 23:00Weekly
5:40 - 21:40Weekly
5:20 - 22:00Weekly
4:15 - 22:00Weekly
5:30 - 23:15Weekly
Yufuin, this is an exclusive Onsen town hidden away in the Kyushu mountains. You can use the Yufuin no Mori ltd. express to travel there in comfort.
Fukuoka, the city is like Tokyo in that it has everything for shopping but is much more laid back and pleasant to navigate.
Conditions of use
- The pass cannot be used at an automatic ticket gate, please show your pass at a manned gate when entering and exiting the train platform area.
- The pass can be refunded at any station where the pass can be exchanged in Japan, a 10% processing fee applies. Our general refund policy applies for refunds outside of Japan.
- No refunds or re-issue is possible for a stolen, lost or damaged rail pass.
- Pass users must carry their passport with them and show their passport upon request by JR Staff.
- No compensation is given in the case of cancelled or delayed trains for whatever reason.
- The pass is counted in days from midnight to midnight (as opposite to periods of 24 hours), the first day of use is counted as a full day, no matter what time you start using it.
Buy regional passes directly on our site.
Pick a region to check available options and prices:
List of passes we sell
Trusted by thousands of tourists monthly
We provide the highest possible quality of service. We make sure your visit to Japan is fun, and that travelling across country is safe and secure.