The Southern JR Kyushu south pass covers the lower part of Kyushu. Including cities Kumamoto, Kagoshima and Miyazaki.
Child passes (6-11) are available for half price
Explore the JR Map
- The Kyushu Shinkansen between Kumamoto - Kagoshima-Chuo stations.
- Local and limited express trains within the validity area.
- Seat reservations can be made up to 10 times free of charge.
Limitations and things to keep in mind
- Travel above Kumamoto is not included.
The JR Southern Kyushu Pass can only be used by visitors entering Japan using a “Temporary Visitor Visa"!
Exchange station locations
Location mapHIDE MAP
5:30 - 23:15Weekly
5:30 - 23:00Weekly
5:30 - 23:45Weekly
Miyazaki Airport station
8:15 - 21:20Weekly
Visit the vulcano island of Sakura-jima, often compared to the Vesuvius.
Ride the Kirishima ltd. express train on the eastern coast of Kyushu between Kagoshima and Miyazaki, this is one of the most scenic train trips in Japan.
Conditions of use
- The pass cannot be used at an automatic ticket gate, please show your pass at a manned gate when entering and exiting the train platform area.
- The pass can be refunded at any station where the pass can be exchanged in Japan, a 10% processing fee applies. Our general refund policy applies for refunds outside of Japan.
- No refunds or re-issue is possible for a stolen, lost or damaged rail pass.
- Pass users must carry their passport with them and show their passport upon request by JR Staff.
- No compensation is given in the case of cancelled or delayed trains for whatever reason.
- The pass is counted in days from midnight to midnight (as opposite to periods of 24 hours), the first day of use is counted as a full day, no matter what time you start using it.
Buy regional passes directly on our site.
Pick a region to check available options and prices:
List of passes we sell
Trusted by thousands of tourists monthly
We provide the highest possible quality of service. We make sure your visit to Japan is fun, and that travelling across country is safe and secure.