The Northern Kyushu Area Pass is cost effective way of sightseeing, providing access to Fukuoka, Nagasaki, Kumamoto, Yufuin, Beppu, Sasebo and much more.
Child passes (6-11) are available for half price
Explore the JR Map
- Kyushu Shinkansen between Hakata and Kumamoto
- Limited express and local trains within the validity area.
- Up to 10 free seat reservations with the 3 day pass and 16 free seat reservations with the 5 day pass.
Limitations and things to keep in mind
- The pass is valid up to Kumamoto, you’ll need additional tickets if you plan to travel further south.
- The Sanyo Shinkansen between Hakata and Kokura is not included. You can use a limited express train instead.
The JR Northern Kyushu Area Pass can only be used by visitors entering Japan using a “Temporary Visitor Visa"!
Exchange station locations
Conditions of use
- The pass cannot be used at an automatic ticket gate, please show your pass at a manned gate when entering and exiting the train platform area.
- The pass can be refunded at any station where the pass can be exchanged in Japan, a 10% processing fee applies. Our general refund policy applies for refunds outside of Japan.
- No refunds or re-issue is possible for a stolen, lost or damaged rail pass.
- Pass users must carry their passport with them and show their passport upon request by JR Staff.
- No compensation is given in the case of cancelled or delayed trains for whatever reason.
- The pass is counted in days from midnight to midnight (as opposite to periods of 24 hours), the first day of use is counted as a full day, no matter what time you start using it.