The Kansai Wide Area Pass is a pass that covers greater Kansai, Okayama, Takamatsu, Kinosaki Onsen, Amanohashidate and the Wakayama area.
Child passes (6-11) are available for half price
- The Sanyo Shinkansen between Shin-Osaka and Okayama.
- Limited Express Trains 'Haruka, Kuroshio, Thunderbird, Kounotori, Super Hakuto within the validity area of the pass.
- Local JR lines and JR West busses.
- Wakayama Railway to Kishi station.
- Kyoto Tango Railway to Amanohashidate
- Free bicycle rental at stations where the “Ekirin-Kun” service is available.
Limitations and things to keep in mind
- Only non reserved seats can be used.
- The Tokaido Shinkansen between Kyoto - Shin-Osaka is not included.
- A separate fare is required for traveling on Super Hakuto (between Kamigori -Tottori).
Explore the JR Map
The JR Kansai Wide Area Pass can only be used by visitors entering Japan using a “Temporary Visitor Visa"!
Exchange station locations
Conditions of use
- The pass cannot be used at an automatic ticket gate, please show your pass at a manned gate when entering and exiting the train platform area.
- The pass can be refunded at any station where the pass can be exchanged in Japan, a 10% processing fee applies. Our general refund policy applies for refunds outside of Japan.
- No refunds or re-issue is possible for a stolen, lost or damaged rail pass.
- Pass users must carry their passport with them and show their passport upon request by JR Staff.
- No compensation is given in the case of cancelled or delayed trains for whatever reason.
- The pass is counted in days from midnight to midnight (as opposite to periods of 24 hours), the first day of use is counted as a full day, no matter what time you start using it.