Can I use the Japan Rail Pass?

I will enter Japan with a non-Japanese passport

Temporary Visa

YES, provided you are visiting as a temporary visitor.

The JR Pass is only available for holders of the 'Temporary Visitor' entry status. If you are visiting Japan for tourism you will normally receive this stamp when you enter the country.

Read the full eligiblity criteria for the Japan Rail Pass.