The Sanyo-San'in Area Pass provides unlimited travel between the Kansai area, Hiroshima and Fukuoka. Including travel on the Nozomi Shinkansen. The area covered includes: Kyoto, Osaka, Kobe, Himeji, Hiroshima, Fukuoka, Hagi, Matsue, Takamatsu and everything in-between
Child passes (6-11) are available for half price
Explore the JR Map
- Travel on Sanyo Shinkansen between Shin-Osaka and Hakata station (Fukuoka).
- Travel on limited express and local JR services within the validity period.
- Seat reservations can be made for free.
- Local JR busses in Kyoto, Hiroshima and Yamaguchi.
- JR Express bus between Yamaguchi and Hagi.
- The JR Ferry to Miyajima.
- Free bicycle rental at stations where the “Ekirin Kun” is available.
Limitations and things to keep in mind
- The Tokaido Shinkansen between Kyoto and Shin-Osaka is not included, local trains can be used instead.
- Transport run by companies other than JR is not included, such as the subway,
The JR Sanyo-San'in Area Pass can only be used by visitors entering Japan using a “Temporary Visitor Visa"!
Exchange station locations
Conditions of use
- The pass cannot be used at an automatic ticket gate, please show your pass at a manned gate when entering and exiting the train platform area.
- The pass can be refunded at any station where the pass can be exchanged in Japan, a 10% processing fee applies. Our general refund policy applies for refunds outside of Japan.
- No refunds or re-issue is possible for a stolen, lost or damaged rail pass.
- Pass users must carry their passport with them and show their passport upon request by JR Staff.
- No compensation is given in the case of cancelled or delayed trains for whatever reason.
- The pass is counted in days from midnight to midnight (as opposite to periods of 24 hours), the first day of use is counted as a full day, no matter what time you start using it.