The Hokuriku Area Pass is a compelling rail pass for exploring the Hokuriku area. Great for visiting Kanazawa, Fukui, Toyama and the Japanese Alps. It makes as a good companion to a Kansai Wide Pass.
Child passes (6-11) are available for half price
- Non-reserved seats the Hokuriku Shinkansen between Kanazawa and Kurobe-Unazuki Onsen stations.
- Non-reserved seats on Limited express trains within the validity area.
- Local JR lines within the validity area.
Limitations and things to keep in mind
- Seat reservations are not included. As a result the Kagayaki Shinkansen can’t be used, as all seats on this train are reserved.
The JR Hokuriku Area Pass can only be used by visitors entering Japan using a “Temporary Visitor Visa"!
Exchange station locations
Conditions of use
- The pass cannot be used at an automatic ticket gate, please show your pass at a manned gate when entering and exiting the train platform area.
- The pass can be refunded at any station where the pass can be exchanged in Japan, a 10% processing fee applies. Our general refund policy applies for refunds outside of Japan.
- No refunds or re-issue is possible for a stolen, lost or damaged rail pass.
- Pass users must carry their passport with them and show their passport upon request by JR Staff.
- No compensation is given in the case of cancelled or delayed trains for whatever reason.
- The pass is counted in days from midnight to midnight (as opposite to periods of 24 hours), the first day of use is counted as a full day, no matter what time you start using it.