The Hiroshima-Yamaguchi Area Pass covers travel between Hakata station (Fukuoka) and Hiroshima. Offering an economic option for travelers who arrive in Fukuoka and wish to visit the Hiroshima and Yamaguchi area.
Child passes (6-11) are available for half price
- Shinkansen trains between Hakata and Mihara stations. Cities like Yamaguchi and Hiroshima are directly on the route.
- Limited express trains and local trains within the validity area.
- JR West busses in Hiroshima, Kudamatsu and between Shin-Yamaguchi and Hagi.
- Ferry to Miyajima
- Free bicycle rental where at stations where the “ekirin-kun” service is available.
Limitations and things to keep in mind
- Seat reservations are not included and the pass can only be used on non-reserved seating.
- No trains in Kyushu other than the Sanyo Shinkansen from Hakata can be used.
The JR Hiroshima-Yamaguchi Area Pass can only be used by visitors entering Japan using a “Temporary Visitor Visa"!
Exchange station locations
Conditions of use
- The pass cannot be used at an automatic ticket gate, please show your pass at a manned gate when entering and exiting the train platform area.
- The pass can be refunded at any station where the pass can be exchanged in Japan, a 10% processing fee applies. Our general refund policy applies for refunds outside of Japan.
- No refunds or re-issue is possible for a stolen, lost or damaged rail pass.
- Pass users must carry their passport with them and show their passport upon request by JR Staff.
- No compensation is given in the case of cancelled or delayed trains for whatever reason.
- The pass is counted in days from midnight to midnight (as opposite to periods of 24 hours), the first day of use is counted as a full day, no matter what time you start using it.