The JR Sanyo Sanin Northern Kyushu Pass covers the JR Network between Osaka and and the north of Kyushu, including the Sanyo Shinkansen and Kyushu Shinkansen. It is the perfect fit for those who arrive in Kansai and want to go down to Kyushu (or the other way around). Cities included are Kyoto, Osaka, Kobe, Hiroshima, Fukuoka, Kumamoto and all that’s in between.
Child passes (6-11) are available for half price
- The Sanyo Shinkansen between Hakata (Fukuoka) - Shin-Osaka stations (including the Nozomi/Mizuho).
- Kyushu Shinkansen between Hakata and Kumamoto
- The JR West network within the validity area.
- The JR Kyushu network within the validity area.
- The JR Express bus between Hofu - Yamaguchi and Shin-Yamaguchi - Hagi
- Local JR busses, such as the Hiroshima sightseeing bus.
- JR Ferry to Miyajima
- Free bicycle rental at stations where the “Ekirin Kun” service is available.
Limitations and things to keep in mind
- The pass is valid up to Kumamoto, you’ll need additional tickets if you plan to travel further south.
- The Tokaido Shinkansen between Osaka-Kyoto is not included, traveling between both cities is possible using conventional lines.
The JR Sanyo-San'in Northern Kyushu Pass can only be used by visitors entering Japan using a “Temporary Visitor Visa"!
Exchange station locations
Conditions of use
- The pass cannot be used at an automatic ticket gate, please show your pass at a manned gate when entering and exiting the train platform area.
- The pass can be refunded at any station where the pass can be exchanged in Japan, a 10% processing fee applies. Our general refund policy applies for refunds outside of Japan.
- No refunds or re-issue is possible for a stolen, lost or damaged rail pass.
- Pass users must carry their passport with them and show their passport upon request by JR Staff.
- No compensation is given in the case of cancelled or delayed trains for whatever reason.
- The pass is counted in days from midnight to midnight (as opposite to periods of 24 hours), the first day of use is counted as a full day, no matter what time you start using it.