JRPassOrder Your JR Pass
JxNguyen
JxNguyen
over 8 years ago
2 answers

Hi,

I'm landing in NRT on March 24th and heading to Sunroute Higashi Shinjuku. I'll be roaming around there and visiting Shibuya, Ginza, and a couple other places. Then I'll be Kyoto on the 29th and lastly to Osaka on the 4th to the 8th. I'll be going to the ITM airport transferring to HND on the 8th.

When I should activate my JR Pass? What affordable options do I have to take to go from NRT to my hotel?

I wanted to get a pocket wifi as well. But there is only options of 2 week that could have worked for me, but there will be a few days where I won't have wifi. So I did not get the pocket wifi.

avatar
Daniel-san
19375 posts
over 8 years ago
Expert

Hi there,

The key to using the JR Pass is using it for longer travel. Think of going to Kyoto and Osaka. You mention that you're roaming around, perhaps this may be the time to use it too.

For WiFi, you can also return it earlier by registered mail in case you only want it for part of your trip.

Hope this helps,
Daniel

JxNguyen
JxNguyen
2 posts
over 8 years ago

Hi Daniel,

I'm for sure visiting all three places. Within each city I'll be visiting various neighborhood and temples. I think I will just activate my JR Pass on Sunday after I get into Shinjuku. This way I will have access to it for the rest of my trip.

I will need the pocket wifi for the entire duration. So I won't be able to return it sooner. If I use it for an extra few days, what will be the charges? Also, is there charges to register mail it back in?

avatar
Daniel-san
19375 posts
over 8 years ago
Expert

Hi there,

The WiFi can be extended. The price depends on how long but is generally around 400-500yen per day.

We don't charge anything extra for mailing it back but you do have to cover the mail cost, this is around 500yen.


Looking for more information? Search the forum

Select Category

Instant Quote

Starting from $442.00 for 7 days of unlimited Japan Rail travel

Can’t find the answer?

Learn from over 19183 questions about the Japan Rail Pass, or ask our Japan Rail travel experts

Ask Question

Get pocket Wifi in Japan

Get pocket Wifi in Japan

Visit us on Facebook

Get inspired for your visit to Japan by following us on Instagram and don't forget your own shots once you are there.


Find out where to buy the japan rail pass online.

Order your JRPass Now!

We have special prices for children and great first class options. See all tickets or see our range of Regional Passes