questions & answers: using the japan rail pass

is i'm eligible for jr pass exchange

Is i'm eligible for Jr Pass exchange

I'm half Thai-Japanese, and i'm having Thai national. So, i bought a Jr Pass already. I already read the condition that said person who use the Japanese Passport to come in Japan and have the permanent resident at the foreign country are eligible for the pass. (A proof that i'm having a permanent resident is school enroll, Thai ID Card, Thai Driving License, Student card in the Thai university, Copy of Thai Household Registration). So Thai travel agency said thai i already pass the conditions. Dose me can exchange the pass

Please contact back

Thank you


Hi there,

Yes that looks more than sufficient. The goal is to show that you are eligible to live in an other country. I think that you'll be more than fine with the above information.

Also see the eligibility page:

Hope this helps!

Expert button 2

Order your Japan Rail Pass Online

Starting from $257.00 for 7 days of unlimited Japan Rail travel

Please note: we are only able to handle order related enquiries via our online direct support. Commercial advertising is prohibited as per our website terms.