questions & answers: using the japan rail pass

change of plans

Change of plans

My husband and I were planning a trip to Japan from 18.9.2014, and we've already received our 3-week JR passes. But two days ago my husband was hospitalized and in two weeks he will have surgery, so our trip must be postponed or cancelled. How can I change expiring dates for my passes or they must be deleted?
And if I'll come to Japan with my son on the same dates can I change name on my husband's pass to the name of my son?
Tnank you


Hi there,

I am very sorry to hear about this!

We can either offer you a refund or see if you may adjust the JR Pass.

Please contact us directly at, so we can assist you in a more private manner.


Expert button 2

Order your Japan Rail Pass Online

Starting from $258.00 for 7 days of unlimited Japan Rail travel

Please note: we are only able to handle order related enquiries via our online direct support. Commercial advertising is prohibited as per our website terms.