Order Your JRPass
mairataffo
mairataffo
over 1 year ago
2 responses

Hi! Could you please help me with one question?
Im planning to go to Japan and this is my travel Plan:
- Haneda airtpot to Kyoto - Kyoto to Nara/Kyoto - Kyoto to Osaka - Osaka to Takayama - Takayama to shirakawa-go - Shirakawa-go to Kanazawa - Kanazawa to Tokyo

From what I saw it would be good for us to have JR Pass but I wanted to check it since I didn't find many information yet about Osaka -> takayama -> Shirakawa-go -> Kanazawa. are there trains that are covered by JR Pass to these routes?

Daniel-san
18835 posts
over 1 year ago
Expert

Hi there,

Shirakawa-go is the only point in your journey where there are no JR lines running. Instead, you can use an express bus between Takayama - Shirawago and Shirakawago - Kanazawa. This bus is run by Nohi bus, and not included in the JR Pass.

The rest of your trips is covered by the JR Pass.

Hope this helps :)
Daniel

mairataffo
mairataffo
2 posts
over 1 year ago

Thank you! One last question! How long in advance should I buy My JR Pass?

Daniel-san
18835 posts
over 1 year ago
Expert

Hi there,

I would recommend doing so a couple of weeks ahead of time. This way you are sure it arrives on time, and can focus on more important matters, like planning what fun places in Japan you want to visit :)

Looking for more information? Search the forum

Select Category

Instant Quote

Starting from $343.00 for 7 days of unlimited Japan Rail travel

Can’t find the answer?

Learn from over 17329 questions about the Japan Rail Pass, or ask our Japan Rail travel experts

Ask Question

Get pocket Wifi in Japan

Get pocket Wifi in Japan

Visit us on Facebook

Get inspired for your visit to Japan by following us on Instagram and don't forget your own shots once you are there.

Find out where to buy the japan rail pass online.

Order your JRPass Now!

We have special prices for children and great first class options. See all tickets or see our range of Regional Passes