Order Your JRPass
Elisha12
Elisha12
about 4 years ago
2 responses

Hi!
Wondering if someone can help/give us some advice.
Were due to visit Japan late June/early July but were struggling with working out our routes!

We arrive in Tokyo on 21/06/2020.
We leave Tokyo/Shunjuku on 24/06/2020 for an overnight trip staying at Hoshinoya, Fujikawaguchiko.

25/06/2020 - Down to Osaka for 4 days including a day trip to Kobe & Nara

29/06/2020 - Over to Kyoto

Then back to Tokyo on 02/07/2020

I keep reading different things some are saying all the journeys would be covered under JR some say parts are covered. I know we need to get them just working out whether we need a 14 day pass ( quite possibly ) and if there is any further costs if some aren't covered by the passes.

Please can you help/advise us? - I'm so lost!! :)

thank you

Daniel-san
18818 posts
about 4 years ago
Expert

HI there,

The 7-day JR Pass will be a cost-efficient option when used to tavel to Osaka, Kyoto and back to Tokyo.

Travel to Fuji Kawaguchiko is not fully covered however by the JR Pass. You can use the JR Pass as far as Otsuki station, then use the Fujikyu line (around 1200yen/one way) to Kawaguchiko.

Kind regards,
Daniel

Elisha12
Elisha12
2 posts
about 4 years ago

Hi thanks for you advice Daniel!

Looking for more information? Search the forum

Select Category

Instant Quote

Starting from ₩467,290 for 7 days of unlimited Japan Rail travel

Can’t find the answer?

Learn from over 17273 questions about the Japan Rail Pass, or ask our Japan Rail travel experts

Ask Question

Get pocket Wifi in Japan

Get pocket Wifi in Japan

Visit us on Facebook

Get inspired for your visit to Japan by following us on Instagram and don't forget your own shots once you are there.

Find out where to buy the japan rail pass online.

Order your JRPass Now!

We have special prices for children and great first class options. See all tickets or see our range of Regional Passes