I'm visiting Japan in a party of three. My two guests have never been to Japan, however I have been visiting since the mid 40's. Here is our travel plan:
- Arrive Fukuoka by ferry from Korea
- Depart Fukuoka, Kyushu morning of 3 July for Kyoto
- Depart Kyoto late afternoon of 6 July for Tokyo.
- Depart Narita for USA at 4PM in 8 July 2012.
Question #1. With only two train legs involved on only two travel days would it more economical to buy Shinkansen tickets or 7 day JR pass? Please price for both 1st class and Green Car.
We intend to do some limited subway travel in Tokyo (6-7-8 July) and also transport to the Airport that contains the United Airline terminal.
Question #2. We will depart Pusan Korea 28 July for Fukuoka. Do you have a schedule for your Beatle hydrofoil ferry on that date? Please advise cost and how to purchase tickets?
Question #3. These travel dates and plans are firm, unless there is an accident or illness. Can these JR tickets be purchased here or do you advise we wait until we arrive?
Question #4. Can you recommend accommodation for the following nights?
- 2 July Fukuoka, Kyushu, close proximity to both the ferry terminal and the RTO. Western lower price)
- 3, 4, 5, July Kyoto (Ryokan and western rooms OK, midprice range)
- 6, 7 July Tokyo, proximity to New Sanno (US Military Hotel)
Thank you for your help