Order Your JRPass
Back to General Japan Travel

Seat reservation required - Narita to Kyoto 27/12?

99turbo
99turbo
over 7 years ago
2 responses

Hello,

I plan to travel with my family (5 with children) from Narita (arriving from Europe) to Kyoto on the 27/12. We like to take the Narita Express and Nozomi to Kyoto the same day (around 13:00). Will we need a seat reservation?

Regards,

Ralf

Daniel-san
18835 posts
over 7 years ago
Expert

Hello Ralf,

I would recommend getting seat reservations if you travel with a larger party, this way you are sure of seating together.

The Narita Express is by reservation only in any case.

Kind regards,
Daniel

99turbo
99turbo
2 posts
over 7 years ago

Hello Daniel,

thanks for your answer. JTP europe made me an offer for tickets but incl. a charge of 400,- Euro for service and delivery at the airport.

How big is the risk to not get a ticket / seat when I book right after arrival? Especially on at this timeframe (27/12)?

Regards,

Ralf

Daniel-san
18835 posts
over 7 years ago
Expert

Hi Ralf,

I must say that it's a bit risky. I've seen that days like these can be completely sold out and having to stand for a couple of hours is not a lot of fun.

At the same time it is quite a bit of money and days that everything is sold out are rare. I can't tell you what it will be like exactly but hopefully this will give you an idea.

Looking for more information? Search the forum

Select Category

Instant Quote

Starting from $524.00 for 7 days of unlimited Japan Rail travel

Can’t find the answer?

Learn from over 17329 questions about the Japan Rail Pass, or ask our Japan Rail travel experts

Ask Question

Get pocket Wifi in Japan

Get pocket Wifi in Japan

Visit us on Facebook

Get inspired for your visit to Japan by following us on Instagram and don't forget your own shots once you are there.

Find out where to buy the japan rail pass online.

Order your JRPass Now!

We have special prices for children and great first class options. See all tickets or see our range of Regional Passes