Order Your JRPass
Marge
Marge
about 6 years ago
1 response

Hi!

Hope you can help me with my questions. Our itinerary was land at Tokyo, Narita Airport then go straight at Osaka since our hotel is in Courtyard by Marriott in Osaka. Questions are as follows:

1. Will be arriving at Tokyo, Narita Airport at 8PM, what train stations should we take going to Osaka?

2. Can we still go to Osaka given that will be at the aiport at 8PM?

3. Our return date is on April 1 at 9am, what time should we go to Narita Airport?

Kindly suggest the fastest way to go to Osaka because we only have limited time. Will be in Tokyo on 28th of March 8PM to April 1 9am only. Also, suggestions of itinerary will be highly appreciated.

Thank you.
Marge

Daniel-san
18835 posts
about 6 years ago
Expert

Hello there,

I'm afraid that it will be hard to impossible to go to Osaka. The last possible train connection to Osaka departs at 20:05 from Narita Airport. Public transport in Japan shuts down after midnight and going to Osaka does take 4-5 hours. It may be better to stay the night near the airport or travel into Tokyo. The same goes for your return flight. It would not be possible to go there on the day of your flight from Osaka and Narita airport is also a good hour of travel away from Tokyo. I think I would just book a hotel near Narita Airport and fly the next morning.

Hope this helps,
Daniel

Looking for more information? Search the forum

Select Category

Instant Quote

Starting from €315.00 for 7 days of unlimited Japan Rail travel

Can’t find the answer?

Learn from over 17441 questions about the Japan Rail Pass, or ask our Japan Rail travel experts

Ask Question

Get pocket Wifi in Japan

Get pocket Wifi in Japan

Visit us on Facebook

Get inspired for your visit to Japan by following us on Instagram and don't forget your own shots once you are there.

Find out where to buy the japan rail pass online.

Order your JRPass Now!

We have special prices for children and great first class options. See all tickets or see our range of Regional Passes