Order Your JRPass
hoa
hoa
almost 7 years ago
42 responses

Hi,

We are traveling without cell phone. We have a netbook. Would you advice me if it is necessary to rent a Pocket Wifi.

With my netbook, can I check the time for trains, bus...or hotels reservations? I know the size of my netbook versus Pocket Wifi but if it is not necessary to rent it so I do not mind carrying mine.

Thanks

hoa

Daniel-san
18832 posts
almost 7 years ago
Expert

Hi Hoa,

Pocket WiFi can be great if you want to check your hotel reservations, timetables, route information, e-mail and anything else at any time. You'll be able to do so on your netbook.

This is personal, so ask yourself if you find these abilities helpful. You could consider a Pocket WiFi if your answer is yes.

Hope this helps,
Daniel

hoa
hoa
42 posts
almost 7 years ago

Daniel-san,

Many thanks for your reply.

Surely these abilities are very helfull, I can say a must for me!
I will take my netbook instead of renting à Pocket Wifi.

Can I ask a question? Why is the price for JRpass cheaper on Line than buying in Japan? If buying on line, do I have to buy three months in advance?

Thanks,

Hoa

Daniel-san
18832 posts
almost 7 years ago
Expert

Hi Hoa,

I hope I explained correctly, the Pocket WiFi is a device that allows your Netbook to be online anywhere. You would basically use both at the same time.

On pricing, these are rules set by JR, I don't know why. You can buy your JR Pass starting 3 months in advance of your trip.

Hope this helps,
Daniel

hoa
hoa
42 posts
almost 7 years ago

Daniel-san,

OK now I understand.

Your reply is very much appreciated.

Please have a look at my itinerary:

Day 01-5: Tokyo( side trips Kamukara and Nikko)

Day 6-7: Fuji- Hakone ( back to Tokyo for nights) Fuji- Hakone Pass

Day 8: Tokyo-Nagoya. Take bus to Nakatsugawa and bus to Magome. Hiking Magome- Tsumago. Night Tsumago.
I will check with bus for luggage transfer to Tsumago( have just 1 carrier on luggage) Start JR Pass

Day 9: Tsumago

Day 10-11: Matsumoto( castle and Kamikochi) nites Matsumoto

Day 12-13: Matsumoto- Kanazawa( Shirakawago and Takayama) nites Kanazawa

Day 14-15-16-17-18: Kanazawa- Kyoto( Kyoto and Nara, Hiroshima, Miyajima)

Day 19-21: Kyoto-Hakata( visit Fukuoka, nagasaki) nites Fukuoka or Nagasaki

Day 22-23: Hakata- Kagoshima( nites Kagoshima)

Day 24-25: Hakata- Beppu( nites Beppu or???suggestions)

Day 26-27: Beppu-Yamaguchi-Osaka( visit Yamaguchi bridge and Osaka and Koyasa) nites Osaka

Day 28: Osaka-Tokyo( end JR Pass)

Day 29-30-31: Tokyo and flight back home

Your feedback please.

Many thanks.

Best regards

Hoa

Looking for more information? Search the forum

Select Category

Instant Quote

Starting from $524.00 for 7 days of unlimited Japan Rail travel

Can’t find the answer?

Learn from over 17323 questions about the Japan Rail Pass, or ask our Japan Rail travel experts

Ask Question

Get pocket Wifi in Japan

Get pocket Wifi in Japan

Visit us on Facebook

Get inspired for your visit to Japan by following us on Instagram and don't forget your own shots once you are there.

Find out where to buy the japan rail pass online.

Order your JRPass Now!

We have special prices for children and great first class options. See all tickets or see our range of Regional Passes