Order Your JRPass
Back to General Japan Travel

need advice for plan from 13 April to 23 April 2014

Eric Chan
Eric Chan
about 10 years ago
4 responses

Hi Dear
We are confuse about what to do in this 10 days.
We will arrive Toyko on 13 April 8.30pm. Booked 3 night hotel in Shinjuku. Should we take a train to Shinjuku or book a share car (cost about 100 Australia dollars) for two of us.
Plan to join the Mt. Fuji day tours on 14 April wish we still can catch the cherry blossom.
On 15 April shop around Shinjuku and go to Shinjuku Gyoen National Garden and nightlife in Shinjuku.
We need to check out on 16April, thinking go to Kyoto for 4 nights.
Back to Tokyo on 20 April.
Or should we just stay the whole time in Toyko because we don't want the trip to rush.
We only booked the first 3 night hotel. The rest haven't decided yet.
We are really need advice where to go in this trip.
Our Internery
13/4 arrive Tokyo Narita Airport
23/4 depart Tokyo Narita Airpot

We want to visit
Tsukiju Market(fish market)
Yokohama China Town
Mt. Fuji
Shopping in Tokyo
Temples
Harajuku
Akihabara
Tokyo day tour
Enjoy food in Japan

Do you think we have enough time to do all this plus going to Kyoto and Oaska?
Please give us some advice!

Eric and Bonnie

Daniel-san
18828 posts
about 10 years ago
Expert

Hi Eric and Bonnie,

I think that 10 days is a good amount to explore Tokyo and make a side trip to Kyoto as well. This way you can really get a good impression of Japan and enjoy your holiday to the max.

Once you have been in Tokyo for 3 days or so you could head south to Kyoto for 3 days to explore the city and surrounding area. Kyoto is absolutely missed, especially if you visit Tokyo as well. Where Tokyo is a modern metropolis, Kyoto is the traditional capital of Japan, with many beautiful temples, imperial castle and folk arts. By visiting both you get the see the old and new of Japan. You can use the Shinkansen (bullet trains) to travel directly between both cities, which in itself is an experience not to be missed, the JR Pass covers the Shinkansen and could be of great help!

As for time allowance, I think that you have more than enough time to visit everything you wish in Tokyo and Yokohama, it does of course depend on the amount of time that you wish to be shopping :)

If you have some extra time I'd recommend a visit to Ginza and Odaiba as well.

I hope this helps!
Daniel

Eric Chan
Eric Chan
4 posts
about 10 years ago

Dear Daniel,
Thank you for your advice, we decided to travel to Kyoto as well except Tokyo.
We will buy the JR pass for 7 days. Can we use the JR pass to Nara and Osaka as well. Can we use it for the train and buses in Kyoto also Tokyo.
Thanks
Eric

Eric Chan
Eric Chan
4 posts
about 10 years ago

Dear Daniel,
Thank you for your advice, we decided to travel to Kyoto as well except Tokyo.
We will buy the JR pass for 7 days. Can we use the JR pass to Nara and Osaka as well. Can we use it for the train and buses in Kyoto also Tokyo.
Thanks
Eric

Daniel-san
18828 posts
about 10 years ago
Expert

Hi Eric,

The JR Pass includes travel to Nara and Osaka as well, it is also great for getting around Osaka using the local JR lines. Note that most buses in Kyoto / Osaka are not run by JR and require a separate ticket to travel on.

I hope this helps too!
Daniel

Looking for more information? Search the forum

Select Category

Instant Quote

Starting from ¥50,000 for 7 days of unlimited Japan Rail travel

Can’t find the answer?

Learn from over 17323 questions about the Japan Rail Pass, or ask our Japan Rail travel experts

Ask Question

Get pocket Wifi in Japan

Get pocket Wifi in Japan

Visit us on Facebook

Get inspired for your visit to Japan by following us on Instagram and don't forget your own shots once you are there.

Find out where to buy the japan rail pass online.

Order your JRPass Now!

We have special prices for children and great first class options. See all tickets or see our range of Regional Passes