Order Your JRPass
Marmar
Marmar
about 6 years ago
4 responses

Hi! I m planning on traveling to Japan on July.
I will be travelling from:
• 2-5 Tokyo • 5-6 Kurobe. Leaving from Kurobe a stop at Takayama ( trad. village) and 2nd stop at Kanazawa and finale stop at Kyoto • 6-10 Kyoto visitting Osaka and Nara •10-12 Tokyo My questions are:
° If i ativate the Jrpass on the 5th of July will the last day of use be the 11th? So i will have to buy the Narita airport ticket from and to Tokyo separately? Whats the cost of that? ° Is my second leg trip from Kurobe to Kyoto with the stops possible to be done in a day? Is it all covert with the Jrpass? Will i have extra charges? °Is it better to see mt Fuji and the area around when leaving Kyoto to Tokyo or best do it just as a day trip on the 11th? ° Can you recommend a day trip from Tokyo ( beach site maybe) covert with the Jrpass ?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Daniel-san
18835 posts
about 6 years ago
Expert

Hi there,

*if i ativate the Jrpass on the 5th of July will the last day of use be the 11th? * Yes, as the pass is counted in days.

*i will have to buy the Narita airport ticket from and to Tokyo separately? Whats the cost of that? * It depends on the mode of transport. An express bus will cost 1,000yen, a local train 1,200-1,500yen and the Narita express around 3,000yen.

For Fuji, I would recommend a day visit from Tokyo. Transport there is not always easy to understand and works best coming from Tokyo.

For beaches, there are some really nice ones near Kamakura or in the Izu-peninsula.

Hope this helps,
Daniel

Marmar
Marmar
4 posts
about 6 years ago

Hi again. Thank you for your helpful answer! I have one more question!
From kurobe we will be heading to kyoto in a day making some stops on the way seeing toyama traditional villages and making another stop at kanasawa. Is this possible to be done in a day? Is it all covert with the Jrpass? Will i have extra charges?
Thank you again!!!

Daniel-san
18835 posts
about 6 years ago
Expert

Hi,

What villages will you be stopping at?

Marmar
Marmar
4 posts
about 6 years ago

Ainokura probably!

Marmar
Marmar
4 posts
almost 6 years ago

Hi! Still waiting for your answer! Its very important for us because we are thinking of changing our plans if we can t make it in a day!
Thank you in advance!

Looking for more information? Search the forum

Select Category

Instant Quote

Starting from ₩467,290 for 7 days of unlimited Japan Rail travel

Can’t find the answer?

Learn from over 17329 questions about the Japan Rail Pass, or ask our Japan Rail travel experts

Ask Question

Get pocket Wifi in Japan

Get pocket Wifi in Japan

Visit us on Facebook

Get inspired for your visit to Japan by following us on Instagram and don't forget your own shots once you are there.

Find out where to buy the japan rail pass online.

Order your JRPass Now!

We have special prices for children and great first class options. See all tickets or see our range of Regional Passes