Order Your JRPass
Back to General Japan Travel

First time Japan trip 2019

adammurphyworldlover
adammurphyworldlover
over 5 years ago
1 response

Hi Everyone!

I am heading to Japan april 2019 for 2 weeks and was wondering if i should purchase the 14 day JR pass or another way.....here is what my trip looks like:

Tokyo for 1 night
Tokyo to Fukuoka
Fukuoka for 1 night
Fukuoka to Hiroshima
Hiroshima for 2 nights
Hiroshima to Osaka
Osaka for 3 nights
Osaka to Kyoto
Kyoto for 3 nights
Kyoto to Tokyo
Tokyo for 2 nights
Tokyo back home

I am mainly visiting Japan for the culture and amazing scenery....probably will eat and drink a lot too (RAMEN and SAKE!!). Also would love to see the many beautiful areas for cherry blossoms as this is the perfect time of year.

Any recommendations for good food, scenic areas, fun memorable times in these areas are also very much appreciated!

Thanks to everyone as i hope this will be a unforgettable travel experience.

Daniel-san
18835 posts
over 5 years ago
Expert

Hi there,

The answer is: Yes, for sure! You'll do a big amount of travel and a JR Pass will help you make a lot of savings compared to purchasing normal tickets.

It already looks like a busy schedule, so I don't know how much extra I could help you fit it. That said, here are some recommendations:

Fukuoka: For the cherry blossom go to Ohori park, it's a beautiful stop to pick-nick and enjoy the atmosphere. Of course grab some Hakata ramen as well, while you are in Fukuoka.

Hiroshima, the peace memorial park and museum are not to be missed. For some amazing ramen, make a side trip to Onomichi.

Osaka, I'd add a visit to Shinsekai, Sky gardens and Osaka castle.

Kyoto, here you can find cherry blossom everywhere but one of the best places is called Yoshino. It is a bit out but might be worth it, be warned that it will be busy.

Hope this helps,
Daniel

Looking for more information? Search the forum

Select Category

Instant Quote

Starting from ¥50,000 for 7 days of unlimited Japan Rail travel

Can’t find the answer?

Learn from over 17337 questions about the Japan Rail Pass, or ask our Japan Rail travel experts

Ask Question

Get pocket Wifi in Japan

Get pocket Wifi in Japan

Visit us on Facebook

Get inspired for your visit to Japan by following us on Instagram and don't forget your own shots once you are there.

Find out where to buy the japan rail pass online.

Order your JRPass Now!

We have special prices for children and great first class options. See all tickets or see our range of Regional Passes