Order Your JRPass
purpleheiss
purpleheiss
over 5 years ago
1 response

Hi there! It’s my first time going to Japan - 18 to 23 October 2018. Will be alighting @ Osaka - KIX. And planning to go to Nagano right after the flight if time permits.

18 to 20 Oct - Nagano(arriving at Osaka KIX)
20-23 Oct - Back to Osaka

I’ve got quite a few questions that doing the research in google/youtube/tripadvisor wasn’t enough to find the answers.

18th Oct - will arrive @ 6pm
saw something like I can take the train from Osaka to Nagoya. Then Nagoya to Nagano not sure if I’ll be able to make it to Nagoya before the last train departs

What should be the best option to go to Nagano?
1. Wait until morning of 19th Oct and take the first train?
2. Take a bus from Osaka to Nagano - HOW?
3. Take the last train from Osaka to Nagano?
4. Can I use the JR Pass in all of these?

Thank you in advance for someone who will take the time to answer. It’s really nerve cracking to see so many information online not to mention the blogs and reviews. Looking forward to anyone’s help.

Daniel-san
18835 posts
over 5 years ago
Expert

Hi there,

I think it makes sense to take it easy upon arrival, you will need at least 1 hour at KIX to get through immigration, collect luggage and exchange the JR Pass. It will be pretty much impossible get on the last train. I think it would be safer to get on a train to Osaka or Kyoto stay there and travel on the following morning. Planes can also be delayed and you may not want to risk a whole trip on that. If you are really eager then you could try to go to Nagoya as a compromise but personally I'd stay near Kyoto and go to Nagano the following morning.

The JR Pass will fully cover this route. I checked the time tables and the last train with the JR Pass departs at 17.45 that you could use to get to Nagano. There's one train connection going at 18.15 but the part between Kyoto and Nagoya would be on a Nozomi train, which is not included in the JR Pass.

Hope this helps,
Daniel

Looking for more information? Search the forum

Select Category

Instant Quote

Starting from $336.00 for 7 days of unlimited Japan Rail travel

Can’t find the answer?

Learn from over 17434 questions about the Japan Rail Pass, or ask our Japan Rail travel experts

Ask Question

Get pocket Wifi in Japan

Get pocket Wifi in Japan

Visit us on Facebook

Get inspired for your visit to Japan by following us on Instagram and don't forget your own shots once you are there.

Find out where to buy the japan rail pass online.

Order your JRPass Now!

We have special prices for children and great first class options. See all tickets or see our range of Regional Passes