Hi,
I am traveling to Osaka in April. Is it best to have a JR Pass when traveling from Osaka to Koyasan or can I use general trains for a day trip? Also would I need a JR from Kyoto to Shiga? I am just wondering if I need a JR Pass and can I do these trips without one? Thanks
Back to Using the Japan Rail Pass
Osaka to Koyasan
Frida
over 8 years ago
1 answer
Daniel-san
19375 posts
7672 likes
over 8 years ago
Hi there,
Osaka - Koya-san is traveled on the Nankai railway. This is a 3rd sector railway and not included in the JR Pass.
Shiga can be done by JR. However you'd need more travel for a JR Pass to help you make savings.
Looking for more information? Search the forum
Select Category
Instant Quote
Starting from $353.00 for 7 days of unlimited Japan Rail travel
Can’t find the answer?
Learn from over 19183 questions about the Japan Rail Pass, or ask our Japan Rail travel experts
Ask Question- 1
- 2
- 3
- 4
- 5
Popular Questions
Visit us on Facebook
Get inspired for your visit to Japan by following us on Instagram and don't forget your own shots once you are there.
Find out where to buy the japan rail pass online.
Order your JRPass Now!
We have special prices for children and great first class options. See all tickets or see our range of Regional Passes

