JRPassOrder Your JR Pass
MikeCR
MikeCR
over 8 years ago
3 answers

Hello. I'll be traveling to Japan in May and I'll buy the JR Pass (14 days). I'll arrive on 05/19 (6:00 am) and active the pass on the same day. I'll be traveling back to Costa Rica on 06/01. How is the validity of the pass being calculated? If I activate the pass on 05/19 (6:00am), will it count as 1 day from 05/19 (6am) to 5/20 (6am)? I just want to make sure the pass will be valid on 06/01 so I can go back to the airport. Thanks.

avatar
Daniel-san
19375 posts
over 8 years ago
Expert

Hi there,

The JR Pass is counted in days (not hours) and the first day is counted as a full day. As such, activating it on 05/19 would mean that the last day of travel is the 2nd of May.

Hope this helps,
Daniel

MikeCR
MikeCR
3 posts
over 8 years ago

Thanks Daniel. So if I activate the pass on 05/19 it should be valid until 06/01 11:59pm. Correct?

avatar
Daniel-san
19375 posts
over 8 years ago
Expert

Yup!


Looking for more information? Search the forum

Select Category

Instant Quote

Starting from $353.00 for 7 days of unlimited Japan Rail travel

Can’t find the answer?

Learn from over 19182 questions about the Japan Rail Pass, or ask our Japan Rail travel experts

Ask Question

Get pocket Wifi in Japan

Get pocket Wifi in Japan

Visit us on Facebook

Get inspired for your visit to Japan by following us on Instagram and don't forget your own shots once you are there.


Find out where to buy the japan rail pass online.

Order your JRPass Now!

We have special prices for children and great first class options. See all tickets or see our range of Regional Passes