JRPassOrder Your JR Pass
Sarah07
Sarah07
over 8 years ago
1 answer

Hi - I'm traveling to Japan for the first time in May. I will be in Japan for 8 days. After reading blogs, I'm a little confused about my eligibility to purchase the JR Pass. Reading online it says that the JR pass is only valid for those traveling between 15 and 90 days. Because my travel is less than 15 days, does this mean I'm not eligible to purchase the pass? FYI I am a resident of the United States.

Thanks!

avatar
Daniel-san
19375 posts
over 8 years ago
Expert

Hi there,

The 15 or 90 days is in regard to the length of your visa (not the length of your trip). In order words, you don't have to worry about it :)


Looking for more information? Search the forum

Select Category

Instant Quote

Starting from ₩469,200 for 7 days of unlimited Japan Rail travel

Can’t find the answer?

Learn from over 19181 questions about the Japan Rail Pass, or ask our Japan Rail travel experts

Ask Question

Get pocket Wifi in Japan

Get pocket Wifi in Japan

Visit us on Facebook

Get inspired for your visit to Japan by following us on Instagram and don't forget your own shots once you are there.


Find out where to buy the japan rail pass online.

Order your JRPass Now!

We have special prices for children and great first class options. See all tickets or see our range of Regional Passes