over 5 years ago
2 responses

Hi,

My itinerary:
25th march: arrive at Narita airport then go to Osaka for 4 days
30th march: go back to Tokyo and stay at Shibuya
6th april: from Shibuya to Narita airport

Question:
1. Is it better 7 days JR Pass or 7 days Hokuriku Arch? I want the fastest one.
2. Which one better, Narita - Tokyo by N'EX - Osaka by Shinkansen OR Narita - Shinagawa by N'EX - Osaka by Shinkansen?
3. Can I buy N'EX ticket for 6th april from Shibuya to Narita Airport for free in the first day I arrive?

Thank you,
Stella

Daniel-san
18836 posts
over 5 years ago
Expert

Hi Stella,

1.) The fastest one by far would be the JR Pass.

2.) There's no real difference.

3.) How do you mean, for free? You can of course buy ticket upon arrival, the JR Pass also covers the NEX.

Kind regards,
Daniel

stella
stella
2 posts
over 5 years ago

Thank you for your reply
I mean... my JR Pass only active for the first 7 days, so the JR Pass will cover the NEX in the first day.
For the last day of my trip (12th day) I will back to Narita by NEX from Shibuya and I don't have the JR Pass.
If I can buy the return ticket (Shibuya-Narita) in the first day by JR Pass, I don't need to pay again, right?

Thank you so much,
Stella

Daniel-san
18836 posts
over 5 years ago
Expert

Hi Stella,

You would have to pay for the return trip to Narita Airport, as this would be outside of the 7 day validity period.

Kind regards,
Daniel

Looking for more information? Search the forum

Select Category

Instant Quote

Starting from $333.00 for 7 days of unlimited Japan Rail travel

Can’t find the answer?

Learn from over 17460 questions about the Japan Rail Pass, or ask our Japan Rail travel experts

Ask Question

Get pocket Wifi in Japan

Get pocket Wifi in Japan

Visit us on Facebook

Get inspired for your visit to Japan by following us on Instagram and don't forget your own shots once you are there.

Find out where to buy the japan rail pass online.

Order your JRPass Now!

We have special prices for children and great first class options. See all tickets or see our range of Regional Passes