- JR East general reduction in bullet and non bullet train lines.
- JR-East Tokyo to Nasushiobara bullet on Tohoku line running 2 trains per hour.
- JR-East Joetsu bullet train running normally.
- JR-Central (Osaka & Kyoto > Tokyo) Tokaido bullet running normally.
- JR Central normal train lines going to Tokyo running reduced service.
- Narita Express suspended, JR Sobu Airport Narita service running reduced service.
- Tokyo Metro service running reduced service.
Working Shinkansen bullet operations
For reference, please use this map of bullet train routes
Please note these are guides last updated on the 19th of March. For confirmation of particular trains, please visit your nearest JR station.
- Tokaido shinkansen (Tokyo - Osaka) Normal operation.
- Sanyo shinkansen (Hakata - Osaka) Normal operation
- Nagano shinkansen (Nagano - Tokyo) Normal operation but 4 trains will be canceled. See more detail in Suspended Shinkansen section below.
- Kyushu shinkansen (Hakata - Kagoshima) Normal operation
- Joetsu shinkansen (Niigata - Tokyo) Normal operation.
- Tohoku shinkansen (Tokyo - Nasushiobara): Reduced service.
- Akita shinkansen (Akita - Morioka) Reduced service with only 4 returns.
Akita shinkansen time table
Akita to Morioka
Morioka to Akita
- Tohoku shinkansen (Nasushiobara - Shin Aomori) Suspended
- Yamagata shinkansen (Fukushima - Shinjo) Suspended
- Nagano shinkansen (Nagano - Tokyo) Canceled 4 trains Canceled trains : Asama 557 (Leaving Tokyo 06:36), Asama 613 (Leaving Ueno 11:44), Asama 583 (18:44), Asama 574 (Leaving Nagano 17:09)
Tokyo metro (subway)
- Tokyo metro Reduced service at about 80% of capacity in this weekend.
Narita Express (NEX)
- Suspended service.
Please note that JR sobu line is also reduce their service (operate at 90% capacity). If you are running to a schedule, please allow extra time to reach your destination as all routes are likely to be congested.
Links to JR status pages in English
More train information in Tokyo
Please note that Jorudan infomation were last updated on the 18th but their information may update soon.