- JR East general reduction in bullet and non bullet train lines.
- JR-East Tokyo to Nasushiobara bullet on Tohoku line running 2 trains per hour.
- JR-East Joetsu bullet train running normally.
- JR-Central (Osaka & Kyoto > Tokyo) Tokaido bullet running with delay due to snow.
- JR Central normal train lines going to Tokyo running reduced service.
- Narita Express suspended, JR Sobu Airport Narita service running reduced service.
- Tokyo Metro service running reduced service.
Working Shinkansen bullet operations
For reference, please use this map of bullet train routes
Please note these are guides last updated on the 18th of March. For confirmation of particular trains, please visit your nearest JR station.
- Tokaido shinkansen (Tokyo - Osaka) Normal operation but about 15min delay due to snow.
- Sanyo shinkansen (Hakata - Osaka) Normal operation
- Kyushu shinkansen (Hakata - Kagoshima) Normal operation
- Joetsu shinkansen (Niigata - Tokyo) Normal operation.
- Tohoku shinkansen (Tokyo - Nasushiobara): Reduced service.
Akita shinkansen (Akita - Morioka) Reduced service.
- Nagano shinkansen (Nagano - Tokyo) Suspended temporary in the morning.
- Tohoku shinkansen (Nasushiobara - Shin Aomori) Suspended
- Yamagata shinkansen (Fukushima - Shinjo) Suspended
Tokyo metro (subway)
- Tokyo metro Reduced service
Narita Express (NEX)
- Suspended service.
Alternative services information on our forum:getting from and to narita and jr sobu line rapid train "airport narita"
Please note that JR sobu line is also reduce their service. If you are running to a schedule, please allow extra time to reach your destination as all routes are likely to be congested.
JR-Central Non bullet lines
- Minobu line: Reduce service
- Gotenba line: Suspended
Links to JR status pages in English
More train information in Tokyo
Please note that Jorudan infomation were last updated on the 17th but their information may update soon.