- JR East general reduction in bullet and non bullet train lines.
- JR-East Tokyo to Nasushiobara bullet on Tohoku line running 2 trains per hour.
- JR-East Joetsu bullet train running normally.
- JR-Central (Osaka & Kyoto > Tokyo) Tokaido bullet running with delay in the morning due to snow.
- JR Central normal train lines going to Tokyo running reduced service.
- Narita Express suspended, JR Sobu Airport Narita service running reduced service.
- Tokyo Metro running normally excluding rush hours.
Working Shinkansen bullet operations
For reference, please use this map of bullet train routes
Please note these are guides last updated on the 17th of March. For confirmation of particular trains, please visit your nearest JR station.
- Tokaido shinkansen (Tokyo - Osaka) Normal operation but about 15min delay due to snow in the morning.
- Sanyo shinkansen (Hakata - Osaka) Normal operation
- Kyushu shinkansen (Hakata - Kagoshima) Normal operation
- Nagano shinkansen (Nagano - Tokyo) Normal operation
- Joetsu shinkansen (Niigata - Tokyo) Normal operation.
- Tohoku shinkansen (Tokyo - Nasushiobara): Reduced service.
- Tohoku shinkansen (Nasushiobara - Shin Aomori) Suspended
- Yamagata shinkansen (Fukushima - Shinjo) Suspended
- Akita shinkansen (Akita - Morioka) Suspended
Tokyo metro (subway)
- Tokyo metro Normal operation except during rush hour (7:30-9:30 & 18:00-20:00).
During rush hour services will be at 80% capacity due to temporary power limits.
Narita Express (NEX)
- Suspended service.
Alternative services information on our forum:getting from and to narita and jr sobu line rapid train "airport narita"
JR-Central Non bullet lines
- Minobu line: [Reduce service]
- Gotenba line: [No service]
Links to JR status pages in English
More train information
- [Timeout Tokyo]
Please note that Timeout and Jorudan infomation were last updated on the 16th but their information may update soon.