Japan Rail is now running a generally normal service now in most areas. While the JR-East network still has some suspended services, many lines have started running following line tests.
- Tokyo Metro service running reduced (but very improved) service.
- JR-East Narita Express suspended, JR Sobu line operating at 100% capacity to Narita.
- JR East reduction in bullet and non bullet train services.
- Joetsu bullet train running normally.
- Tohoku line Tokyo to Nasushiobara bullet running 2 trains per hour.
- Tohoku line Morioka to Shin Aomori bullet has started running from today but reduced services.
- JR-Central (Osaka & Kyoto > Tokyo) Tokaido bullet running normally.
- JR Central normal train lines going to Tokyo running reduced service (but very improved).
- All other networks running normally (JR-West, JR-Kyushu, JR-Shikoku & JR-Hokkaido)
Working Shinkansen bullet operations
For reference, please use this map of bullet train routes
Please note these are guides last updated on the 23th of March. For confirmation of particular trains, please visit your nearest JR station.
- Tokaido shinkansen (Tokyo - Osaka) Normal operation.
- Sanyo shinkansen (Hakata - Osaka) Normal operation.
- Nagano shinkansen (Nagano - Tokyo) Normal operation.
- Kyushu shinkansen (Hakata - Kagoshima) Normal operation.
- Joetsu shinkansen (Niigata - Tokyo) Normal operation.
- Tohoku shinkansen (Tokyo - Nasushiobara): Reduced service.
- Tohoku shinkansen (Morioka - Shin Aomori): Reduced service with 10 return trips.
- Akita shinkansen (Akita - Morioka) Reduced service with 5 return trips.
Tohoku shinkansen time table
Morioka to Shin Aomori 06:55 07:46 09:01 11:20 13:20 15:20 18:20 19:20 20:22 22:31
Shin Aomori to Morioka 06:10 07:24 08:31 09:44 12:48 15:20 17:33 18:33 20:03 21:44
Akita shinkansen time table
Akita to Morioka
Morioka to Akita
07:09 11:01 14:24
Please note that there is a possibility that these time tables may change.
- Tohoku shinkansen (Nasushiobara - Shin Aomori) Suspended
- Yamagata shinkansen (Fukushima - Shinjo) Suspended
Tokyo metro (subway)
- Tokyo metro Reduced service at about 80% of capacity except in rush hours where now running at 100%. Rush Hours: 07:30-09:30 and 17:00-20:00.
Narita Express (NEX)
- Suspended service, but access to Narita via JR Sobu line.
More information about access to Narita Airport, please visit Narita Airport Official Website.
Links to JR status pages in English
More train information in Tokyo
Please note that Jorudan infomation were last updated on the 22th but their information may update soon.