Back to Using the Japan Rail Pass

EU citizen resident in Japan, travel with parents on holyday

3 months ago
1 response

is there any limitation in pourchasig three tikets two for the parents and one for the son EU Citizen but resident in japan (italian passport..)?

Thank you.

15743 posts
3 months ago

Hi there,

You do need to have a temporary visitor visa to use the Japan Rail Pass. If you are a resident in Japan, then most likely you won't have this type of visa (and won't be able to use the Japan Rail Pass).

Kind regards,

Looking for more information? Search the forum

Instant Quote

Starting from $269.00 for 7 days of unlimited Japan Rail travel

Can’t find the answer?

Learn from over 14061 questions about the Japan Rail Pass, or ask our Japan Rail travel experts

Ask Question

Get pocket Wifi in Japan

Get pocket Wifi in Japan

Visit us on Facebook

Get inspired for your visit to Japan by following us on Instagram and don't forget your own shots once you are there.

Find out where to buy the japan rail pass online.

Order your JRPass Now!

We have special prices for children and great first class options. See all tickets.
Or see our range of Regional Passes