5 days ago
1 response

I am a foreign resident of Japan. After a brief home visit, I will return to Japan. Am I eligible to buy a rail pass?

16009 posts
5 days ago

Hi there,

You will be eligible if you enter Japan using a temporary visitor visa. As long as you have this, you can use the JR Pass.

Looking for more information? Search the forum

Instant Quote

Starting from $269.00 for 7 days of unlimited Japan Rail travel

Can’t find the answer?

Learn from over 14314 questions about the Japan Rail Pass, or ask our Japan Rail travel experts

Ask Question

Get pocket Wifi in Japan

Get pocket Wifi in Japan

Visit us on Facebook

Get inspired for your visit to Japan by following us on Instagram and don't forget your own shots once you are there.

Find out where to buy the japan rail pass online.

Order your JRPass Now!

We have special prices for children and great first class options. See all tickets.
Or see our range of Regional Passes