Im travelling to Japan on my own at the start of November. Doing lots of sightseeing and visiting friends.
My trip is only 19 days long but doing a lot of travelling. Should i get the 14 day pass from the 3rd day to the 15th then just pay for the 2 trains i need? Or buy the 21 day and not worry, or even not get one at all? Also as im travelling will have a large rucksack will it get in the way on trains?
My plan is as follows:
- Day1-3: Arrive at Narita and head into central Tokyo and stay there.
- Day 3-5: Stay in Yokohama and explore area, heading back for a concert in Nakano district.
- Day 5-11: Head down to Osaka from Yokohama and stay in Osaka, day trips to surrounding area of Nara, Hiroshima,Himeji and Kobe.
- Day 11-15: Head back from Osaka to Tokyo and stay there.
- Day 15-18: staying with friends in Yamanashi
- Day 18-19 Back to Narita.
Please help me many thanks