JRPassOrder Your JR Pass
mzbowiefan
mzbowiefan
over 8 years ago
1 answer

Hi there!

I am interested in purchasing the Regional Tokyo - Osaka pass, but I only see a 7 day option. I will be in Japan for 10 days, and I am trying to figure out the most cost effective option. I don't even know if I will be going to Osaka, but I'd like to have the option well planned out in advance.

What are your recommendations for someone staying longer than the 7 day consecutive option? Is it also a full 24 hours from the first use? I am thinking of buying tickets my first few days and then using the JR pass when I have my bearings. Thoughts and advice are very much appreciated!

avatar
Daniel-san
19375 posts
over 8 years ago
Expert

Hi there,

A 7 day pass can be a good fit, even though you are in Japan for longer. The best use of the JR Pass is when it is used for longer trips using the Shinkansen. Think of travel between Tokyo and Osaka. If you can make a return within 7 days and just buy normal tickets around Tokyo, then that works out really well. As you say, you can use normal tickets to explore Tokyo at the start of your trip and then use a 7 day pass to follow up later.

Hope this helps,
Daniel


Looking for more information? Search the forum

Select Category

Instant Quote

Starting from $2,753.00 for 7 days of unlimited Japan Rail travel

Can’t find the answer?

Learn from over 19181 questions about the Japan Rail Pass, or ask our Japan Rail travel experts

Ask Question

Get pocket Wifi in Japan

Get pocket Wifi in Japan

Visit us on Facebook

Get inspired for your visit to Japan by following us on Instagram and don't forget your own shots once you are there.


Find out where to buy the japan rail pass online.

Order your JRPass Now!

We have special prices for children and great first class options. See all tickets or see our range of Regional Passes