questions & answers: using the japan rail pass

visa type and jrp

visa type and JRP

I have a question regarding vista type... I am going to Japan for a year and I will have a visa issued as "Humanities Specialist" can I still ues the Japan Rail Pass?


Hi there,

Unfortunately you can only use the JR Pass if you have a ‘Temporary Visitor’ status Visa. Any other Visa (including Visa Card), does not make you eligible.

You can read more on JR Pass eligibility here:

Hope it helps!

Expert button 2

HI Daniel,
Thank you very much for your answer...
Im leaving on SUnday, so not much to do... I will try mayby somehow it will work out...


Order your Japan Rail Pass Online

Starting from $257.00 for 7 days of unlimited Japan Rail travel

Please note: we are only able to handle order related enquiries via our online direct support. Commercial advertising is prohibited as per our website terms.