Back to Using the Japan Rail Pass

JR pass for cultural activites

almost 2 years ago
1 response

I Am going to enter japan with a cultural activities visa which is valid for 90 day and i'm staying there for only two months.
In addition to that, I Will not get a salary within the duration of my stay in Japan.
So basically, I have no more advantages than a temporary visa holder.
Could I be eligible for a Jr pass ?


12201 posts
almost 2 years ago
Expert button 2

Hi there,

I am afraid that you would not qualify for the JR Pass, the JR Pass is limited to visitors who enter Japan under a tourist visa. Any other type is not eligible.

Sorry for the bad news!

Looking for more information? Search the forum

Instant Quote

Starting from $259.00 for 7 days of unlimited Japan Rail travel

Can’t find the answer?

Learn from over 10903 questions about the Japan Rail Pass, or ask our Japan Rail travel experts

Ask Question

Get pocket Wifi in Japan

Get pocket Wifi in Japan

Visit us on Facebook

Get inspired for your visit to Japan by following us on Instagram and don't forget your own shots once you are there.

Order your JRPass Now!

We have special prices for children and great first class options. See all tickets.
Or see our range of Regional Passes