questions & answers: using the japan rail pass

diplomatic passport + kansai to tokyo?

Diplomatic Passport + Kansai to Tokyo?

Hi, i'm going to travel to Japan at the end of October and i have few questions.
-I live in south korea with a diplomatic visa (on a diplomatic passport). Can i buy a JRP with it? is it ok? -i will land in Kansai but i want to go to Tokyo immediately. Is there any shinkansen from Kansai airport, or i have to go to downtown osaka? - In which station do i arrive in Tokyo?

Thank you very much


Hi there,

It will depend on which country your passport/visa is made out to, but providing you are issued with a "Temporary Visitor" entry status stamp on entry to Japan you will be able to use the JR Pass. I recommend you contact the Japanese embassy in South Korea and confirm the visa status you will enter Japan under.

If you are landing in Kansai Airport, you will need to first go to the bullet train terminal at Shin-Osaka station ad then catch the bullet train up to Tokyo station in Tokyo. Here's a sample itinerary.

Hope this helps!

Expert button 2

Order your Japan Rail Pass Online

Starting from $258.00 for 7 days of unlimited Japan Rail travel

Please note: we are only able to handle order related enquiries via our online direct support. Commercial advertising is prohibited as per our website terms.