questions & answers: general japan travel

ic cards


Hi There,

We will be travelling to Tokyo, Kyoto and Osaka. Which is the best IC cards that I need to buy for the usage between this cities or I have to get 2 types of IC card..Pls advice

Kansai Pass

I also understand that there are 2 and 3 day Kansai Passes. What type of train that I can take between Kyoto and Osaka ,Don't the pass included local subway and busses..

Pls advice ..thks


Hi there,

These days IC cards are interchangeable. You just buy one and use it everywhere.

As for travel between Kyoto - Osaka, just buy normal tickets for this part. A one way trip is 560yen, while a Kansai Pass costs 2,000yen per day and does not include the subway in any event.

Hope this helps,

Expert button 2

8Hi Daniel

I M REFERRING TO Surutto Paa or Kansai Thru Pass.

I know its 560 yen one way but to nad return will be 1120 yen..futhermore will be visitng some area in Kyoto which need to travel on subway ..Doesnt it covers the subway too Pls advice
Also this pass can't use JR train ..which I vheck out in website.


Order your Japan Rail Pass Online

Starting from $257.00 for 7 days of unlimited Japan Rail travel

Please note: we are only able to handle order related enquiries via our online direct support. Commercial advertising is prohibited as per our website terms.