Order Your JRPass
Back to Regional Passes

Japanese nationals living overseas

18 days ago
1 response

I would like to buy a Kansai Hiroshima regional pass for a Japanese person who has permanent residency overseas and has been living outside of Japan for more than 10 years. Does she just need to show her PR card when she exchanges the voucher?

Also, do I have to pay for seat reservations on this regional pass? It says "Seat reservations not included" but other posts seem to indicate that you don't have to pay.

Thanks for your help.

587 posts
13 days ago

Hi there,

Yes, I would advise you to - they need to make sure that when they enter Japan they are stamped on their passport with "temporary visitor" status so that they are eligible for purchasing certain passes.

I believe seat reservations can be made at no additional cost, but you'll still need to make the reservations at either ticket offices or ticket machines.

Hope this helps!


Looking for more information? Search the forum

Select Category

Instant Quote

Starting from $331.00 for 7 days of unlimited Japan Rail travel

Can’t find the answer?

Learn from over 17512 questions about the Japan Rail Pass, or ask our Japan Rail travel experts

Ask Question

Get pocket Wifi in Japan

Get pocket Wifi in Japan

Visit us on Facebook

Get inspired for your visit to Japan by following us on Instagram and don't forget your own shots once you are there.

Find out where to buy the japan rail pass online.

Order your JRPass Now!

We have special prices for children and great first class options. See all tickets or see our range of Regional Passes