Order Your JRPass
Back to Itinerary check

Rugby trip 2019 - JR Pass versus single trips

kerrj17
kerrj17
almost 5 years ago
1 response

We (2 adults) land in to Haneda on 26th September and head to Yokohama to stay overnight.
Heading to Kobe on 27th September to 1st October
Back to Yokohama for a Cruise from 1 Oct to 7 Oct
Staying in Yokohama until 10th October but heading to Shizuoka Stadium Ecopa on 9th October.

I think a JP Pass will cover our journeys, but would it be cheaper to buy individual tickets as we have a cruise in the middle of our stay. Or should I buy 2 x 7 day passes or a 14 day?
We would like to go to Osaka and do a few day trips whilst in Kobe so would like to travel by train using the JR pass, so this leans me towards the JR rail pass again.
The game in Shizuko is late afternoon (4.15pm) so would we be able to make it back to Yokohama after the game? I think we would be looking to get a train around 7pm and think it is around 85 minutes according to Hyperdia.com but not too sure all the different lines are included in the pass.

Daniel-san
18836 posts
almost 5 years ago
Expert

Hi there,

Doing Yokohama - Kobe - Yokohama
and Yokohama - Suzuka - Yokohama

Both as a return trip by Shinkansen will roughly be equal in cost to a 14 day JR Pass. So depending on any other travel you do, the pass may be worth it.

You should be fine getting back to Yokohama (the last train possible is around 21:30 from Nagoya station. However, I would reserve your seats for the return trip before the games, as more people will be going back. In Hyperdia, any train service called Kodama or Hikari can be used between Nagoya and Yokohama.

Hope this helps,
Daniel

Looking for more information? Search the forum

Select Category

Instant Quote

Starting from $333.00 for 7 days of unlimited Japan Rail travel

Can’t find the answer?

Learn from over 17458 questions about the Japan Rail Pass, or ask our Japan Rail travel experts

Ask Question

Get pocket Wifi in Japan

Get pocket Wifi in Japan

Visit us on Facebook

Get inspired for your visit to Japan by following us on Instagram and don't forget your own shots once you are there.

Find out where to buy the japan rail pass online.

Order your JRPass Now!

We have special prices for children and great first class options. See all tickets or see our range of Regional Passes