I plan to purchase this regional pass (2 passes for 14 days) for this potential itinerary. Please let me know if that makes sense.
Week 1: TOKYO: airport - hotel
- Tokyo Narita arrival (date TBD): I will pick up and activate my first regional pass at the airport.
QUESTION 1: Can I use the Greet and Meet service at airport even though this is not the national JRpass? I intend to use this service to activate my passes and reserve some major train rides for the following weeks.
- I will go to hotel in Tokyo using JRpass train for free, right?
- Local traveling by trains/monorails in Tokyo.
- A couple of road trips (TBD) using JRpass trains. I assume those train rides are covered and I can make reservation for those trips online if necessary.
Week 2: TOKYO - KYOTO
- If I use this regional pass to go from Tokyo to Kyoto, it will be longer (for traveling the Hokuriku arch). But the ride cost is included in the pass? A stop over for a day along the way as suggested, maybe.
- If I buy a direct Tokyo-Kyoto train instead, I will spend less time on the train but pay an additional cost, right? How much does this train ride cost?
KYOTO - OSAKA
- Some road trips from Kyoto to neighboring cities. - Local train rides in Kyoto - Then i'll go down to Osaka on the LAST DAY of my 2nd regional pass (by that midnight).
OSAKA - KIX airport
- After staying in Osaka for a couple of days, I can take a short train ride to the airport and pay for an individual ticket.
QUESTION 2: Is it easy to locate JRpass locations for questions during my 2 week pass?