Order Your JRPass
Back to Itinerary check

Opinion on Itinerary and JR pass to use

Karenlh
Karenlh
over 5 years ago
3 responses

Hi Daniel,

Arrive Kansai airport 19 Oct to 23 Oct staying 4 nights in Osaka (hotel booked)
Plan to do train day trip to Kyoto, Nara (not sure if I should include Day trip to Hiroshima)
What pass should I use with and without Hiroshima?

Fly Kansai to Sapporo 23 Oct (bought ticket already)
Plan to visit Sapporo, Otaru, Noboribetsu , Lake Toya, Onuma Quasi Park, Hakodate
How many days would you recommend to visit these places by train?

Should I fly back to Tokyo from Sapporo or train Hayabusa from Shin Hakodate Hokuto?
If I use JR 7 day pass (23 Oct to 29 Oct), considering the above places, will I have time to include Takayama and Shirakawago?

Have to be back in Tokyo 29 Oct to 1 Nov (hotel booked)
1 Nov depart from Narita

Regards,
Karen

Daniel-san
18835 posts
over 5 years ago
Expert

Hi Karen,

Your travel with Kansai won't cost a lot, that said you can look at using a Kansai Area Pass to visit Kyoto, Nara and transport to/from Kansai Airport. If you do add a visit going to Hiroshima, I'd pick up a Kansai-Hiroshima pass.

Then when you are in Hokkaido, it will likely be more cost effective to use a Japan Rail Pass down to Tokyo, especially if you want to go to Takayama as well. Though flying would be slightly faster. With 7 days in Tokyo, you could spend 1-2 days exploring Takayama.

Hope this helps,
Daniel

Looking for more information? Search the forum

Select Category

Instant Quote

Starting from $343.00 for 7 days of unlimited Japan Rail travel

Can’t find the answer?

Learn from over 17329 questions about the Japan Rail Pass, or ask our Japan Rail travel experts

Ask Question

Get pocket Wifi in Japan

Get pocket Wifi in Japan

Visit us on Facebook

Get inspired for your visit to Japan by following us on Instagram and don't forget your own shots once you are there.

Find out where to buy the japan rail pass online.

Order your JRPass Now!

We have special prices for children and great first class options. See all tickets or see our range of Regional Passes