Order Your JRPass
Back to General Japan Travel

To emigrate to Japan

almost 2 years ago
1 response

Hello I have so many questions about Japan,
i work at a german company and would like to emigrate to japan, but I have no idea how I can manage it. My questions are:

-Can a foreigner have a child in Japan, or is this refused in hospitals? - Is it possible to rent an apartment from abroad? - Where can I get a tax card? -Does a child who’s born there automatically have a Japanese citizenship? -How do you get a credit card and do you have to be a resident? (not prepaid suica card)

It would help me very very much if I could get an answer.

16923 posts
almost 2 years ago

Hi there,

This forum is specialized for Japan Travel and train travel in Japan specifically. I'm not in a good position to advise you about immigration matters. There are different communities on the internet about immigrating to and living in Japan. Like the Japan-Guide forums, Gaijin Pod and countless Facebook groups.

My suggestion is to post your questions there, it should help you much more.

Good luck!

Looking for more information? Search the forum

Instant Quote

Starting from $218.00 for 7 days of unlimited Japan Rail travel

Can’t find the answer?

Learn from over 15166 questions about the Japan Rail Pass, or ask our Japan Rail travel experts

Ask Question

Get pocket Wifi in Japan

Get pocket Wifi in Japan

Visit us on Facebook

Get inspired for your visit to Japan by following us on Instagram and don't forget your own shots once you are there.

Find out where to buy the japan rail pass online.

Order your JRPass Now!

We have special prices for children and great first class options. See all tickets
or see our range of Regional Passes