Order Your JRPass
Back to General Japan Travel

Do I need a visitor visa

almost 2 years ago
1 response

I’ll be visiting Japan with 2 friends and will be travelling between cities for 10 day’s. Will we need a travel visa for using the pass?

16610 posts
almost 2 years ago

Hi there,

You do need a temporary visitor visa to use the JR Pass. For many nationalities is stamped in your passport upon arrival.

Looking for more information? Search the forum

Instant Quote

Starting from $274.00 for 7 days of unlimited Japan Rail travel

Can’t find the answer?

Learn from over 14875 questions about the Japan Rail Pass, or ask our Japan Rail travel experts

Ask Question

Get pocket Wifi in Japan

Get pocket Wifi in Japan

Visit us on Facebook

Get inspired for your visit to Japan by following us on Instagram and don't forget your own shots once you are there.

Find out where to buy the japan rail pass online.

Order your JRPass Now!

We have special prices for children and great first class options. See all tickets.
Or see our range of Regional Passes