The San'in-Okayama Area Pass is good value railpass for exploring the area round Iwami Ginzan, Hagi, Matsue and Tototti. It also includes travel to Okayama and Kurashiki for easy Shinkansen access.
Child passes (6-11) are available for half price
- Non-reserved seats on limited express trains in the area, such as the Yakumo and Super Hakuto train services.
- Local JR lines within the validity area.
- Bicycle rental at stations where the “Ekirin-kun” service is available.
Limitations and things to keep in mind
- No Shinkansen travel is included.
- Seat reservations cannot be made.
The JR San'in-Okayama Area Pass can only be used by visitors entering Japan using a “Temporary Visitor Visa"!
Exchange station locations
Conditions of use
- The pass cannot be used at an automatic ticket gate, please show your pass at a manned gate when entering and exiting the train platform area.
- The pass can be refunded at any station where the pass can be exchanged in Japan, a 10% processing fee applies. Our general refund policy applies for refunds outside of Japan.
- No refunds or re-issue is possible for a stolen, lost or damaged rail pass.
- Pass users must carry their passport with them and show their passport upon request by JR Staff.
- No compensation is given in the case of cancelled or delayed trains for whatever reason.
- The pass is counted in days from midnight to midnight (as opposite to periods of 24 hours), the first day of use is counted as a full day, no matter what time you start using it.