questions & answers: using the japan rail pass

jr 7 days pass

JR 7 DAYS PASS

Hi, I will be traveling with my family of 4 going to Kyoto. My flight will be arriving Kansai airport at 2020 on 7th April 2018. I have booked a hotel in Namba station and on the 9th will be going to Shirakawa-go for a night than10th Will be going to Kyoto staying near to Fushimi.

If I will to purchase a 7 days ticket using JR East-West pass will it be money saving?

kathchong
kathchong

Hi there,

You could look at using a JR West Kansai-Hokuriku Area Pass if you make the approach to Shirakawa-go via Kanazawa.

The Pass would not cover the bus between Shirakawa-go but would include the train between Osaka - Kanazawa, as well as travel to Kyoto, Fushimi, Kansai Airport and JR-Namba.

Hope this helps,
Daniel

72a8815842aa5db137c135807bd6bb11?s=50&d=mm
Daniel-san
Expert button 2

Thank you so much

kathchong
kathchong

Hi Daniel,

After I purchase the JR West Kansai-Hokuriku Area pass, any other transport pass I need to purchase to travel around kyoto?

kathchong
kathchong

Hello again,

It would depends on where in Kyoto you want to go to. In general a good option is the 500yen daily bus ticket, that allows unlimited travel around the city. A one way bus ride is 230yen, so you start making savings quickly :)

72a8815842aa5db137c135807bd6bb11?s=50&d=mm
Daniel-san
Expert button 2

I would like to ask is the daily bus ticket can be use at Keihan electric train?

kathchong
kathchong

Commandez votre Japan Rail Pass en ligne

À partir de $259.00 pour 7 jours de trajets illimités avec Japan Rail

Please note: We are only able to handle order related enquiries via our online direct support. Commercial advertising is prohibited as per our website terms