Order Your JRPass
Back to Using the Japan Rail Pass

Trip to Japan in Winter 2017

Nikie
Nikie
over 6 years ago
2 responses

Hi, there!

I am planning for a holiday in this coming December travelling with 2 kids and this will be my first time to Japan.

My Itinerary will be:
1. Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia - Tokyo (Haneda)
(2-3 days stay in Tokyo)

1. Tokyo - Kawaguchiko OR Tokyo-Hakone
    (Will visit the lakes, Snow Resort and Gotemba P Outlet)

2. Kawaguchiko OR Hakone - Osaka
    (2 days stay in Osaka to discover Osaka)

3. Osaka (Kansai Aport) - Back to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Based on my itinerary above, could you pls advice me on the route and transport I can use using my JR Pass starting from the arrival day until my departure back home? Tq.

Daniel-san
18835 posts
over 6 years ago
Expert

Hello there,

I reviewed the route that you are traveling but for now, I would recommend buying normal tickets. A Japan Rail Pass would be good if you made a return Tokyo - Kansai. You will be traveling one way with a stop around Fuji, this would not be enough to make savings.

For easier access, I would recommend going to Hakone. You can use the JR regular trains or Shinkansen to travel to Odawara from where you can also use the Shinkansen directly to Kyoto.

Hope this helps and have a good trip!
Daniel

Nikie
Nikie
2 posts
over 6 years ago

Dear Daniel san,

Thank you for your recommendation. Very useful and I look forward for this holiday. ☺️

Looking for more information? Search the forum

Select Category

Instant Quote

Starting from $524.00 for 7 days of unlimited Japan Rail travel

Can’t find the answer?

Learn from over 17329 questions about the Japan Rail Pass, or ask our Japan Rail travel experts

Ask Question

Get pocket Wifi in Japan

Get pocket Wifi in Japan

Visit us on Facebook

Get inspired for your visit to Japan by following us on Instagram and don't forget your own shots once you are there.

Find out where to buy the japan rail pass online.

Order your JRPass Now!

We have special prices for children and great first class options. See all tickets or see our range of Regional Passes