questions & answers: using the japan rail pass

using pass with a japanese visa

Using pass with a Japanese Visa

I am visiting a relative that is currently working in Japan, who will be our tour guide. In addition to our rail passes, can I purchase a rail pass for my relative?

Marisa Chavez
Marisa Chavez

Hi there!

I'm afraid the Japan Rail Pass is only eligible for non-Japanese who hold the 'temporary visitor' entry visa (normally granted when you enter Japan on holiday). This stamp is valid for a maximum of 90 days. As your relative is working in Japan she will be there under a different visa, probably a working visa, and therefore will not be eligible for the Rail Pass. You can find out more on eligibility for the Japan Rail Pass here.

Hope this helps!

Expert button 2

Order your Japan Rail Pass Online

Starting from $255.00 for 7 days of unlimited Japan Rail travel

Please note: we are only able to handle order related enquiries via our online direct support. Commercial advertising is prohibited as per our website terms.