Order Your JRPass
Jacelizmike1
Jacelizmike1
over 10 years ago
18 responses

Daniel-San,

Is this Shinkansen-Kodama the train that leaves from Tokyo Station.

Mike

Daniel-san
18832 posts
over 10 years ago
Expert

Hi Again!

Yes this is one (of the many) trains that departs from Tokyo Station and is covered by the JR Pass.

Hope this answers your question!
Daniel

Jacelizmike1
Jacelizmike1
18 posts
over 10 years ago

Daniel-san,

As we say in Hawaii - You are da best!

Another option so another question.

We are thinking of going directly from Narita Airport on the day we arrive, Monday, October 21, and somehow get to Hakone/Odawara. I have two nights tentatively booked at the Prince Hotel Hakone. Hyperdia tells me that we can go directly from Narita Terminal 2 to Hakone with on transfer and, I'm assuming that transfer will be Tokyo Station. Cost seemed reasonable but I'm not sure exactly how to read the Hyperdia data. Not sure if we are buying the Narita Express or another Train Line from the Airport to get to Hakone? So, can you give me you excellent interpretation of how best to accomplish this or tell me up front that it's a bad idea. We are trying to figure out a best way to see "other than" Tokyo on this trip.

Mahalo & Aloha!

Mike

Daniel-san
18832 posts
over 10 years ago
Expert

Hi Mike - Thank you!

I think it's a great idea going straight to Hakone. The fastest route is this one and takes ¥ 7,190 / 106 Minutes all together. This is also by far the best way to travel if you have a lot of luggage as the trains are very comfortable and offer special baggage space.

The first part is Narita Airport - Tokyo with the Narita Express
The second part is Tokyo - Odawara with the Shinkansen (bullet train).

If you don't use a JR Pass than you could also save some money by taking the Narita Express to Tokyo (¥3140) and from there take the Tokaido line to Odawara (¥ 1,450 / 90 minutes).

Ka Huakai Maikai!
-Daniel

Looking for more information? Search the forum

Select Category

Instant Quote

Starting from $343.00 for 7 days of unlimited Japan Rail travel

Can’t find the answer?

Learn from over 17323 questions about the Japan Rail Pass, or ask our Japan Rail travel experts

Ask Question

Get pocket Wifi in Japan

Get pocket Wifi in Japan

Visit us on Facebook

Get inspired for your visit to Japan by following us on Instagram and don't forget your own shots once you are there.

Find out where to buy the japan rail pass online.

Order your JRPass Now!

We have special prices for children and great first class options. See all tickets or see our range of Regional Passes