Order Your JRPass
karick
karick
about 7 years ago
2 responses

Hi Sir
I am planning to travel from Tokyo to Hokkaido by purchasing the JR East South Hokkaido pass as soon as I arrive in Narita Airport. However, I am worried about the seat availability and want to make the reservation earlier. I came across a website and it said you can make JR pass purchase and online reservation at the same time outside of Japan as long as the departure is within a month.

Below is the link, please advise if this is a new service offered by JR or if it is a scam?

https://www.jreast.co.jp/e/ticket/reservation.html

Daniel-san
18835 posts
about 7 years ago
Expert

Hi there,

That website has been around for several years and is directly run by JR East. It is reliable and can be handy but there are several limitations and rules that apply. Be sure to read the website carefully when using it. Most notably, you have to pick-up your tickets at least 1 day in advance, so it is not useful for travelers who arrive in Japan and want to travel on the same day.

Kind regards,
Daniel

karick
karick
2 posts
about 7 years ago

Thanks, it may work for me as I will stay in Tokyo in the first few days, do you know if I can pick up the tickets at Narita Airport and use it a few days later?

Karick

Daniel-san
18835 posts
about 7 years ago
Expert

Hi Karick,

You can select the pick-up station when you make the reservations.

You can indeed pick them up at Narita Airport.

Looking for more information? Search the forum

Select Category

Instant Quote

Starting from $343.00 for 7 days of unlimited Japan Rail travel

Can’t find the answer?

Learn from over 17337 questions about the Japan Rail Pass, or ask our Japan Rail travel experts

Ask Question

Get pocket Wifi in Japan

Get pocket Wifi in Japan

Visit us on Facebook

Get inspired for your visit to Japan by following us on Instagram and don't forget your own shots once you are there.

Find out where to buy the japan rail pass online.

Order your JRPass Now!

We have special prices for children and great first class options. See all tickets or see our range of Regional Passes